Frag.Ops for UT2004 has been released about two weeks ago (as a matter of fact they’ve released two patches in the mean time) and of course I’ve been playing it. I’m doing quite well if I may say so myself so I’m thinking of joining a clan. Also, I’ve still got that map I was working on lying around and I already have an idea for a new map.
For now I won’t have time to play it though as I have a few busy weeks up ahead. After my exam tomorrow I’m going to visit my mom and dad in Belgium. I’ll be coming back to Delft on thursday for fridays exam and after that I’m going to Hoenderlo (of all places) for the weekend to spend some time with my family as my grandpa and grandma are married for 50 years. The week after that I’ll be visiting a few construction sites as part of my study.
So to cut a long story short I’ll have some more free time in two weeks :p
Went to Sweden for the weekend with my dad – drove 205 km/h on the German freeway :D
‘In other news’, I got my Radeon now – I love it. 5000-and-a-bit 3DMarks (’03) ain’t bad at all!
The UT/FO map I’ve been working is beginning to look pretty good if I may say so myself. It’s the first map I’ve ever built but I’m learning a lot as I go. It’s untextured (almost all concrete) at the moment as I’m focusing on the layout but I’ve nicely implemented a number of ideas I had and I’m quite satisfied with what I got so far. It’s far from finished though :)
I still won’t post any screenshots for the time being – sorry :p
Long time no see :)
First let’s talk about the interesting stuff:
- I’ve updated my bffind.tcl (as yet unpublished and only installed on my eggdrop bot “CI”) again. It can now also search for servers (!find).
- !futurama :D
- I’m learning UnrealEd. I got a few nice ideas for a UT2k4 // Frag-Ops map and I’ve already constructed a few bits and pieces of it. I might post a few screenshots when I near it’s completion (ETA TBA).
- I’m gonna buy a Radeon 9800 Pro \o/
…and on to the uninteresting stuff:
- Sorry about the lack of updates. I have written a story or two in the mean time but they’re in Dutch and I have to translate them some time. They aren’t really any good though so I might just skip them – it’s just some personal gibberish.
- I don’t know if I’m gonna stay with the guys from the online mag I joined – the project’s kind of still born.
That’s it for now. See you soon :)